- Revenues up 43% to €10.6 million
- Growing tier-1 service provider footprint
|Revenues (€000s)||Q1 2016||Q1 2017||Change|
|USA / Canada||1,460||2,477||+70%|
Q1 figures are unaudited.
Paris, May 4, 2017 - ATEME (ISIN: FR0011992700), the emerging leader in video delivery infrastructure, delivered revenues of €10.6 million for the first quarter of 2017, up 43% year-on-year and 38% at constant exchange rates.
The ATEME video data center expertise continued to drive TITAN revenues growth in all main geographies, the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Moreover, many of the software wins with higher than average multi-year service level agreements will underpin revenue growth going forward.
- EMEA revenues declined by 27% year-on-year, reflecting challenging comps with Q1 2016 revenues up 35% vs Q1 2015. However, the recent ramp-up of TITAN software with leading European service providers is gaining traction and should drive growth over the coming quarters;
- The USA/Canada region pursued the positive trend of full year 2016, delivering revenue growth of 70%. Robust demand in the region should continue to underpin this dynamic trend;
- In Asia Pacific Q1 revenues rose 144%, mainly driven by new projects with a major global system integrator;
- In Latin America as with the USA/Canada region, the investments made in 2016 to increase market share and footprint are paying off: revenues increased by 450% in Q1, to represent almost 30% of the Group total, driven by leading service providers deploying TITAN based software solutions to power their video head ends.
ATEME Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michel Artières, said “Our first quarter performance confirms our 2017 growth objectives. These results reflect our ongoing business transformations, as TITAN software solution revenues continue to grow. The NAB trade show in Las Vegas last week confirmed that our vision perfectly fits the strategy of our target clients.”
Positive outlook: rationalized competitive landscape
Against the backdrop of the recent announcement by a competitor looking to exit the media market to focus on 5G and Internet of Things (IoT), and other competitors consolidating and reducing their sales and marketing resources, ATEME is well positioned to increase its market share with current and new service providers and broadcasters.
July 26, 2017: 2017 Half-Year Revenues
ATEME is a technological leader in video compression that provides TV channels and content broadcasters with encoding and decoding solutions for video delivery. The company's technological edge means clients benefit from outstanding image quality whilst at the same time reducing their bandwidth consumption.
Drawing on over 10 years of proprietary R&D, ATEME was a key contributor in the launch of HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), the new standard in video compression whose generalized application offers excellent growth potential for the Group.
With a commercial presence in 14 countries, ATEME employs 170 members of staff, including more than 70 R&D employees in France, and served close to 350 clients around the world in 2016. The Group posted revenues of €37.5 million in 2016, 91% of which was realized overseas.
Name: ATEME - ISIN Code: FR0011992700 - Ticker: ATEME - Compartment: C
|ATEME||INVESTOR RELATIONS||PRESS RELATIONS|
President and CEO
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 79
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93
This press release does not constitute or form part of and should not be construed as any offer for sale of or solicitation of any offer to buy any securities of Ateme, nor should it, or any part of it, form the basis of or be relied on in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever concerning Ateme's assets, activities or shares.
All statements other than historical facts included in this presentation, including without limitations, those regarding Atemes' position, business strategy, plans and objectives are forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements included herein are for illustrative purposes only and are based on management's current views and assumptions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks. For illustrative purposes only, such risks include but are not limited to impact of external events on customers and suppliers; the effects of competing technologies competition generally in main markets; profitability of the expansion strategy; litigation; ability to establish and maintain strategic relationships in major businesses; and the effect of future acquisitions and investments.
Ateme expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to update or revise any projections, forecasts or estimates contained in this presentation to reflect any change in events, conditions, assumptions or circumstances on which any such statements are based, unless so required by applicable law. These materials are supplied to you solely for your information and may not be copied or distributed to any other person (whether in or outside your organization) or published, in whole or in part, for any purpose.
- SECURITY MASTER Key: mZxvlMpulZiay52bZp1snJNrnGZjkpKVbpOVlWScZJvIb2+SmW2UaJbKZm1pmmZu
- Check this key: https://www.security-master-key.com.